Joint pain and stiffness can be caused by many factors, arthritis being a major one. If you suffer from arthritis, these 7 natural remedies for joint pain and stiffness will provide you with much relief. Many of us do not like to rely on pharmaceutical drugs to find relief from problematic symptoms, especially since drugs often times are not effective and have many unpleasant side effects. So if you suffer from any type of joint pain, you have come to the right place. Try these 7 remedies to find relief today!
Hot and Cold Therapy
Some simple hot and cold therapy may provide much needed relief for your joint pain. Try taking a nice long, hot shower or bath, preferably in the morning to relieve some of that stiffness and pain. You can also try heating pads placed on the affected areas to find relief. Another excellent way to obtain instant pain relief is by using frozen peas or a gel ice pack, wrapped in cloth, and placed on the painful joint.
Meditation is an excellent and proven way to help relieve stress and reduce pain and stiffness. The National Institutes of Health have performed many studies on those with joint pain, and they found that meditation helped many people with painful joints and stiffness. Researchers also found that those with depression and arthritis benefited the most from meditation. Click here to check out 5 meditation techniques for beginners!
Include the Right Fatty Acids in Your Diet
For optimum health, everyone needs fatty acids in their diets, specifically Omega-3 fatty acids. These acids will also help those with joint pain and stiffness find relief. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in many fish, and you can also take fish oil supplements to get these beneficial fats. Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) is another excellent fatty acid that will prove beneficial. They can be found in the seeds of plants like hemp, borage, black currants, and evening primrose. You can also obtain these as a supplement. Always be sure to check with your doctor before taking any supplements.
Turmeric is one of the most amazing spices out there. Many call it a miracle cure-all. Because turmeric contains the chemical curcumin, it is extremely beneficial for those that suffer from joint pain and stiffness. Curcumin has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. The National Institute of Health performed studies on rats by giving them turmeric. The studies showed that when rats were given turmeric, the inflammation in the rats’ joints was reduced. Try adding this spice to your dishes to find relief.
Herbal Supplements for Joint Pain
There are many herbal supplements on the market that will help relieve join pain and stiffness. Always consult a doctor if you are taking any medications to be sure herbal supplements will not interfere with your current medications. Some herbal supplements that many have praised for their effectiveness are stinging nettle, ginkgo, devil’s claw, boswellia, bromelain, and thunder god vine. Try one of these supplements daily to find relief from your joint pain.
Essential Oils for Joint Pain
Essential Oils are extracts derived from plants that have many healing benefits. Just the aroma in the air can have tremendous positive effects on your health. There are also some oils that can be used directly on the painful area (usually diluted first), and will provide instant relief. To learn more about healing with essential oils, click here! The six best essential oils for joint pain and stiffness are Lavender Oil, Peppermint Oil, Helichrysum Oil, Idaho Balsam Fir Oil, Spruce Oil and Palo Santo Oil. These can be placed in a diffuser to disperse the fragrances throughout your home. Check out this article on different types of diffusers and why you need one.
Certain Essential Oils can also be placed on the skin for relief (most need to be diluted with a carrier oil first). Check out the list below to learn more about how to use the essential oils mentioned above to heal your joint pain.
- Lavender Oil is the most famous oil for pain relief. This essential oil is mild enough to be rubbed directly on the painful area of your body. If you have really sensitive skin, you may dilute Lavender Oil with a carrier oil first.
- Peppermint Oil is excellent for joint pain, and can also be used for headaches and muscle pain. Peppermint essential oil should definitely be diluted before using directly on the skin. Because it is so strong, some may still have a reaction after dilution, so use carefully and sparingly.
- Helichrysum essential oil is widely used to help with joint pain. It is an anti-inflammatory and has been used for years for its many benefits. This oil has even been used to heal wounds. This essential oil is gentle enough to rub directly on the skin.
- Idaho Balsam Fir Oil is excellent for easing joint pain and can be hard to find. You should dilute this oil with carrier oil before rubbing on your skin.
- Spruce essential oil is a wonderful smelling oil that is perfect for those with arthritis. Dilute with carrier oil or vegetable oil before rubbing onto your skin.
- Palo Santo Essential Oil is another anti-inflammatory perfect for joint pain. It can be rubbed directly on the skin, but you may want to dilute it first if you have sensitive skin.
Healing Crystals for Joint Pain and Stiffness
Healing crystals’ unique vibrations can provide powerful healing for your joint pain. Check out this beginners guide to crystals before I explain the best crystals to use. Use the crystals below by placing them on the affected area for 20 minutes several times each day, or you can carry a stone with you or wear it in jewelry to help relieve your symptoms.
- Rhodonite is a powerful physical healer that is excellent for joint pain and stiffness. You can read more about Rhodonite here!
- Along with being used to remove toxins from the body, Tourmaline is widely used by arthritis sufferers to relieve joint pain. You can read more about Tourmaline here!
- Azurite-Malachite is an excellent healing stone for joint pain and even slows bone loss!
- Fluorite is widely used by arthritis sufferers to relieve pain and promotes healthy teeth and bones. You can read more about Fluorite here!
I hope these 7 Natural Remedies for Joint pain and stiffness bring you relief. After trying these methods, please leave your success comments below! Feel free to share this article with everyone that can greatly benefit from these remedies.